Monday, June 02, 2014

4 days, live days


So I should be looking for my air con remote so that when the electrician comes over he's not all, "Are you sure you put in batteries?" But instead I'm gonna make that blog post I started last week. I would blame it on laziness again, but actually:

Our internet has been broken. For like 5 days. Apparently our provider has started this whole 7GB a month limit thing and well, ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Anyway, for those that follow me on Instagram and Facebook, you'll know that I went to England for almost two weeks last month! Well, this is not that post. I have a ton of photos to edit, but first I wanted to write about what I did when I got back.

2014.05.22 Ruido K2

ASH DA HERO first secret!live

The day after I got back from England my dear friend Ash had his secret!first live at Ruido K2 in Shibuya. He's the former vocalist of the now paused NSDP and is starting solo activities from here on out. It was a really great show but I was waaaaay too jetlagged and started feeling a little ill towards the end of the set.

I also fell down the stairs and got an incredibly attractive blood blister on my hand D:


2014.05.23 Geki Rock


On Thursday, I ran into Lidy and Sohei of FEAR FROM THE HATE who invited me to come out to Geki Rock the next day. I was hoping to do an interview with Danger Kids (Geki Rock's special guest) but didn't have time to cement any plans so I initially just planned on going for fun instead.

However! The day before I got an email from my friend Landon about helping him film FFTH's set.

FEAR FROM THE HATE

Between filming I was able to go down on the floor and hear their cover of Marilyn Manson's "Rock is Dead". SO GOOD. These guys should really cover Manson more often. :D


When we went backstage to put our cameras up, I ended up running into the members of Danger Kids! Super nice group of guys (and one girl!) and they agreed to do an interview with us for trick/rock.

After we interviewed them, they actually asked to interview us! Landon and I were like WHUT but they asked some pretty lulzy questions and it's always so nice to catch up with fellow Americans. :))


Oh, and there was a group shot. My head is so tiny though like wtf DD:




Spent the rest of the show going back and forth between backstage and the floor and managed to see The Twisted Harbor Town, Make My Day, and Danger Kid's sets as well. Make My Day's vocalist Isam came down with the flu so they asked Taama of ROACH to stand in as their support vocalist; in case you were wondering why the guy crowdsurfing with a mic looks nothing like the former, haha.

2014.05.24 Thick Festival



The next day Lisa and I headed to Club Citta in  Kawasaki for Secret 7 Line's big event Thick Fest. I used to live the next station over in Tsurumi, so Kawaski is a pretty nostalgic area for me. Plus it was my first time at Club Citta!

Obligatory pass shot.
Jr. Monster

HEY-SMITH

ROACH

Secret 7 Line

Even though we were sitting upstairs, it was still hot as Hades in there. However, it was an epic show and it's always a pleasure to see Secret 7 Line. I'm normally not a punk person but I quite enjoy their style!

2014.05.25 Shores & Autumn Creatures



On Sunday, I headed over to Shinjuku to see Shores play with Colorado based band, Autumn Creatures. Lisa and I saw Shores for the first time in Okinawa with Her Name in Blood but didn't get to properly meet the guys until we saw them in Tokyo a couple months later. We became fast friends with them and they've got some great music so we try to see them whenever they're in Tokyo.

Autumn Creatures were really good too! Instrumental music has never really been my thing but I was super impressed with how professional and polished they sounded. Mature even? Really enjoyed their set, actually!



Anyway, I was supposed to do an interview with them on Monday but woke up with a death-migraine, no appetite, and nearly hilarious exhaustion. I would say that should teach me that getting back from a trip and then hitting the ground running probably isn't a good idea, but I never really learn from my mistakes anyway, haha. 

Now the question is, just how long will it take me to edit those England photos? :D

miss wave

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.