Saturday, November 23, 2013

nikko onsen | part i


I love living in Tokyo but I really miss being able to see fall colors. So! This past week my friends and I took a trip up to Tochigi for fall colors and onsen.







We decided to take the long way from Tokyo to Tochigi to cut the train price in half. Four hours but only 2000 yen! Steal. I should also probably mention that because it's dark, as in completely dark by about 5:00pm here, by the time we arrived at Kawaji-Yumoto Station the sun was already setting.


A shuttle service from our ryokan came to pick us up and dropped us off here. My face was basically like :o no lie. Our friend Mittan arranged everything for us and she picked a really, really nice place. I've never stayed in such a fancy hotel in Japan before. We still had about 2 hours before they brought us our dinner so decided to explore the grounds.











Fall in Georgia is gorgeous and every year that I've lived in Japan I've really missed seeing the leaves change. We hit Tochigi at just the right time; the colors were absolutely perfect.






When we got back to the room, we have about a 1,000 course dinner waiting for us. Two kinds of soup, appetizers, delicious roasted(?) eggplant, fish, rice, sushi, steak. I've been trying so hard lately to diet and go to the gym regularly but ohmygod. So good.

Part II coming soon! Have about a million things to do today so it'll have to wait til later. Until then!

miss wave

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.