Tuesday, September 24, 2013

square enix cafe


This past Sunday I went to the Square Enix Cafe in Shinjuku with dish ♡ Though I haven't had time play anything in years, I actually used to be really into video games. Zelda was always my most abused drug of choice but I really loved Kingdom Hearts and some of the FF games. Nice to step into my past, though! Plus I'm basically always down for a cute cafe.


The restaurant is inside of an egg, literally. I thought it was just an entrance and the rest of it expanded underground but it's actually quite small so just in case be prepared to wait! It's also closer to Shinjuku 3-chome Station so I'd recommend going from there if you're not keen on walking. Though if you're as directionally challenged as me, you can always count on iPhone or Google maps to save your bacon regardless of what train station you come from.



Menu is in English and Japanese and the staff are also fluent in English! Just in case. Drinks are all cleverly named after in-game potions etc which was really neat. Really wanted to try one but I was saving my money for something else X3

Potion

Shrimp Rice

Bacon & Tomato Foccacia

To be honest, the portions are quite small for the prices but everything did taste really good. Especially dat bacon. Everyone loves bacon, okay. :B



dish opted for the Bavarian Creme in a Chocobo mug but I'd been eyeing the strawberry pancakes ever since they set them down in front of the two boys next to us on their Man-Date. Seriously delicious and almost too cute to eat. Almost.

Did I mention I love pancakes more than bacon? Cuz I do.


I would have liked to have taken more pictures of the interior but I wasn't sure to what extent they were allowed so I stuck with food and a what-I-thought-was-a-sneaky-shot, haha.

To be honest, a lot of stress hit me at once over the past...month now, I guess? So honestly I haven't had the energy or desire to blog nor really any content that was worth reading. However! Things have recently started looking up again and this past weekend was really great with this cafe, Golden Gai, a Geki Rock event and a show yesterday so I can slowly feel my motivation coming back so yaaay! :3

Oh and unrelated but I also finally started watching True Blood. And by that I mean I watched the first three seasons in two weeks. I'm not proud of it.

I'll try to keep it to a minimum but.
Seriously.

ERIC FUCKING NORTHMAN. 
That is all.

miss wave

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.