Wednesday, September 14, 2011

music debut

I haven't updated in almost two months! I can't believe it! To be honest, ever since Ri and I got back from Kyoto towards the end of July, August got insanely busy and I barely had time to sleep or call my parents much less blog.

Most of you probably don't remember,  especially since I barely blog lately, but back in April I mentioned helping out an acquaintance's band with something and now, after almost 4 months I can finally talk about it! 




Recently I received FEAR FROM THE HATE's first full album, "Birthday of 12 Questions as a present. Want to know why? Look really closely at the names, notice anything?

If you missed it, miss wave! Vocalists MEG of ARTEMA and Taama of ROACH lent their voices to this album as well.

Okay so in my case, it's not an actual singing debut but this is certainly the first time I've ever participated in anything like this and I'm really thankful to the members for giving me this opportunity. I'm happy to have participated--even if it was just a little bit--on what turned out to be a really great album.

For those curious↓↓



FEAR FROM THE HATE is an indies post hardcore/emo-core band from Tokyo. Their music is electronic and very easy to listen to with elements of metal and screaming thrown in as well. If you're in the Tokyo area, I definitely recommend going to a show of theirs. They usually play with a lot of other really great acts as well.  The PV for their single "Paint a trip party" below.



I realize that metal or emo-core etc may not suit a lot of the tastes of my readers but I wanted to post this anyway because this was a really big deal for me and inadvertently has been gradually opening more and more doors for me along the way and hope I'll get to work with them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.