Sunday, July 10, 2011

damselfish

Yet another belated entry! Usually my life is so busy during the week, when I get home from work I'm so tired I usually just end up watching Criminal Minds and pining endlessly over Dr. Spencer Reid. Then by the time my weekend rolls around I get really busy again and end up running out of time to blog. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, went to HOOTERS by Akasaka-Mitsuke the other weekend with my roommate(s). It was one of those days where I could find absolutely nothing to wear in my closet. Plus it made me wish I'd bought this SLY sweater back in March in black instead of grey.

SLY X EGOIST

Mine and my roommate's dear friend from Australia is staying with us right now so please ignore the futon behind me.

Around this time I also went to a few shows with Ri and my other friend including one at Marble in Shinjuku. This was such a good show and had a lot of really great bands performing in it.



The same week we also went to another show at ANTIKNOCK and felt it necessary to commemorate with purikura.



If you're wondering, DAMSELFISH is my session band. Or well, what I hope I can make into a session band. Anyone in the Tokyo area who can play drums or bass, please let me know, haha.

Also speaking of bands, today Izzie and I interviewed FEAR FROM THE HATE for their first interview geared towards overseas readers. We had a hard time finding a spot but ended up settling on a nice outdoor cafe. Thanks for a great interview guys!

While Izzie and I were waiting, we stopped into Tower Records and I picked up this.


Along with a flyer for 激ロック!

I saw Ashley Scared the Sky for the first time recently at a show at Black Hole in Ikebukuro. I had gone to see another band that I'm hoping to cover an event for and, though I had never heard of the above band, I was so impressed with their set I bought their EP today.

Tonight I also went out to eat with Caroline and her K-Man at T.G.I.Friday's. We even dragged the poor man to purikura. Sorry Kenjer!

I have so many blogs I want to catch up on so hopefully I will do that tomorrow instead of TV...

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.