Tuesday, February 01, 2011

caroline

Aaaah do you ever feel like it's one of those weeks that's just going to go on forever? I've felt kind of down lately; mostly appearance-wise, but my mood's kind of off too. I'm hoping it's just the weather? It's been so so so cold here lately and it affects my skin so horribly.

On a happy note, a little write-about my meet-up with Caroline on Sunday!

A bit tired so I'll condense with some pictures. (*^▽^*)

First we went to CHAO-THAI (right in the same building as Argent Sue!) which Caroline recommended and it was so good! I honestly don't think I've had Thai food since I ate it while visiting Leah at Furman almost four years ago. It's been too long!


I had the Pad Siew.

After that we headed to 109 where Caroline attempted to hunt out some red frames from W♥C and I wanted some red pumps. Both (that day at least) ended in failure but it was still fun.

Though the staff-chan at Flag J did bring me about 6 pairs of red shoes that were not the kind of pumps I was looking for.

Bless you Flag J, staff-chan.

I did however manage to pick up a new pair of shorts at Durer! I'd never bought anything from them before but I've literally been wearing the hell out of my current pair that I picked up at Alta almost a year ago. Here's the new ones, though. I love the wash and the distressing.



I thought they'd be too small (they only had S and M) but both Caroline and the staff girl assured me they were totally fine. I loved our staff girl too because she actually had thighs and curves! We talked about how troublesome it was to actually, you know. Have a butt. :


Headed up to Dolly Kiss as well because I'm a sucker for all their 3 pairs for 1050 yen deals.



Only two here because I wore one home, haha.


When we came out of 109 it was actually snowing! Well, snow flurrying but still nice. It snowed so much in Atlanta when I was home for the holidays I shouldn't be saying "Yay snow!" But at least I know in Tokyo it won't stay.


We made our way to purikura after that and ended up picking a machine in the far back of the room. It didn't give me the best coloring but our crazy rakugaki made them really, really cute. This is my favorite one.


If you know who Mark Hamill is, you'll know I spelled his name wrong here. So ashamed.


Anyway, even though it was short I had such a good time! Caroline is really down-to-earth and easy to talk to and we always had stuff to talk about. I miss so much having other foreigner friends I can relate to here!

I mean, don't get me wrong; Tokyo is wonderful but it is what you make it. I have Japanese friends--coworker, girls who I've met and traveled with for bands and lives--but there's something really comforting about being with fellow "gaijin" who love the country as much as you do but can also acknowledge the parts that you side-eye or even the parts that down-right suck.



And speaking of "foreign friends" I get to see two very dear friends in the next two weeks! This weekend I get to meet my friend from South Africa who I've known for yeeeeears online but we've never met in person. We met through the Gazette almost five years ago yet ironically we're both going to see girugamesh in Chiba on Saturday. I'm super excited!

Theeeen the following week will be a 3-day work week for me as I'll take a day off in addition to an already 3-day weekend to go see one of my very best friends who JETs down in Kyushuu. Haven't seen her in over a year and she's a really, really dear friend of mine and I've been looking forward to this trip since November.

So super busy but I'm pretty much ridiculously excited.


I'll probably be dead for a few days so maybe a mini-live report/update on Saturday or Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
miss wave © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.